The 4th International School Chinese Language Education Conference and Workshop —Unpacking Global Literacy and Multiple Texts
Call for Abstract
The 4th International School Chinese Language Education Conference and Workshop —“Unpacking Global Literacy and Multiple Texts” will be held at I-Shou University (Taiwan) during November 3-5, 2016.
This cohosted conference is organized by I-Shou University (Taiwan), National Kaohsiung Normal University (Taiwan), and The University of Hong Kong. I-Shou International School, Taipei American School and Victoria Academy are associate organizers of this event. The purpose of the conference is to raise awareness and to promote practices of how Chinese language and literature can be taught in the context of international education.
According to the theme of the conference, we are calling for two types of abstract: Research Paper Abstract and Teaching Practice Sharing Abstract. The Research Paper Abstract is for researchers to share their research studies on issues related to Chinese language teaching and teacher development in the International school context, and the Teaching Practice Sharing Abstract is for school teachers to share their teaching practices (curriculum design, teaching pedagogies, etc.). Related information are as follows:
(1) Sub-Theme: The Presentation related but not limited to the following sub-themes on Chinese language teaching in the international school contexts.
- Sub-Theme 1: Teacher Professional Development
- Sub-Theme 2: ICT in Teaching and Learning
- Sub-Theme 3: Cross-cultural Teaching and Cultural Education
- Sub-Theme 4: Teaching Pedagogies and Transformation
- Sub-Theme 5: International Education
(2) Abstract Requirements：The abstract can be in either English or Chinese, and each abstract should not exceed 500 words. It should be organized under the following components:
- Research Paper Abstract must include the following components: research background, research methods, (expected) research findings and implications.
- Abstract must include the following components: design principles, design framework and the specific design, (planned) evidences in support of the effectiveness.
(3) Abstract Submission：To submit, please register to the conference and workshop.
(4) Submission Due Date:：August 30, 2016
(5) Notification of Acceptance Date：September 20, 2016
(6) Language of Presentation：Both English and Chinese (Mandarin/ Putonghua) are accepted.
(7) Presentation Time： Presentation speakers will have 30 minutes (including Q&A) to present their study.