Centre for Advancement of Chinese Language Education and Research (CACLER) is formally established in July 2004 in the University of Hong Kong to capitalize on collaborative networks on Chinese Language education and further advance the research on this area.It was built upon a solid foundation of the CMI Project (which is publicized and known to the public as the “Support Centre for Teachers Using Chinese as the Medium of Instruction), Dragonwise Project and a lot of Chinese Language Education Projects. With sponsorship from Language Fund and Quality Education Fund, these projects have already established a close connection with primary and secondary schools in Hong Kong and extensive research collaboration networks with institutions and education bureaus in the Mainland.Besides, they have built a strong reputation for offering targeted support and resources on effective pedagogy in language education, teaching using CMI, using information technology in the teaching and learning of Chinese as well as developing theoretical perspectives related to the teaching and learning of Chinese for students and teachers.
- The 2nd Cantonese Speech Contest for Non-Chinese Speaking Secondary Students
- The 7th International Conference on Han Characters Education and Research
- The 4th International School Chinese Language Education Conference and Workshop —Unpacking Global Literacy and Multiple Texts
- Book launch on Infusing IB Philosophy and Pedagogy into Chinese Language Teaching
- The Third International School Chinese Language Education Conference and Workshop